Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Disconnect

Sometimes it's hard reconciling past versions of myself with my current self. It happened the other day when I tried to express an opinion I once strongly held. I was at a loss of words, and while trying to express myself I realized I hadn't even thought about that particular topic in years. I figured the opinion just needed to be dusted off and re-articulated, but not so. Numerous changes big and small in my worldview had rendered it totally null and void. I no longer had the ideas and convictions to even remember exactly what my past point of view was. I was pretty confused for a minute or two, until I figured out what had happened, and then I dropped the conversation.

2 comments:

  1. It had to do with criticizing sociology. I can't be more specific, because I don't know how, which, in way, is part of my old criticism of sociology.

    ReplyDelete